A lot of modern couples today dream of having their wedding in a grand way, and nothing can be more luxurious than a destination wedding.
While most people think that destination weddings are too expensive, they can also be budget-friendly if you plan a destination wedding on a budget.
That’s why we decided to share some great tips and ideas to help couples fulfill their destination wedding dream.
Here we are sharing some tips to plan a destination wedding on a budget which can somehow make your special days easier.
Finalize a Budget
The first step to plan a destination wedding on a budget is deciding how much money you want to spend. Note down all the big expenses by talking to a destination wedding planner and looking at the functions you want to host.
Decide where you want to spend the money and finalize a rough budget. This is one of the most important steps for a budget-friendly destination wedding.
Choose Off-Season Date
Did you know that choosing an off-season date for your destination wedding can be a great decision for you? It can play a major role in making the wedding affordable.
An off-season wedding will help you bargain with the venue’s owners and vendors for the best price since they don’t have much on their calendar and give you the chance to comfortably do everything your own way.
It is our belief that always choose off-season for a destination wedding, which can give a lot of comfort to your budget.
If you are looking for destination wedding planning services, you can contact us and we will tell you about it in detail.
Choose Location Wisely
Location will spend the biggest part of your destination wedding budget. Choose a location with good connectivity and ample flights.
If a destination wedding abroad seems like an expensive affair, then opt for a local place like Goa and Kasol in Himachal during winters. This will help you cut down on costs drastically.
Which place is best for destination weddings in India?
Apart from the above recommendations for destination wedding venues like Goa and Kasol, you can choose other places as well and keep one thing in mind that there is no end to the list of places but you have to choose the places as per your convenience.
We have handpicked the locations across India and you can choose the exact or near-perfect locations by doing thorough research on them.
- Rishikesh: The beauty of Rishikesh is described by spirituality and serenity. If you want to make your wedding offbeat and ethnic, then this is a perfect destination wedding location. Some of the best places to get married in Rishikesh are Alia on the Ganges, Atli Ganga, Albi Ganga View, Ganges Shore, and many more.
- Goa: Goa is one of the most beautiful destinations in India for couples planning to get married. Popular wedding venues in Goa are the Leela at the isolated Morbor beach and the Taj Exotica at the serene Varka beach. Both are in South Goa. You can look for an intimate garden wedding option and try some of the other gorgeous venues available here.
- Udaipur: There are many reasons that make Udaipur an obvious destination for weddings in India. The most primary is its royal setting. The top wedding venues in Udaipur are Devi Garh, Oberoi Udaivilas, Durbar Hall at Fateh Prakash Palace, Taj Lake Palace, and Manek Chowk.
- Jaipur: The “Pink City” of Jaipur is an ultimate destination for those who wish to get married amidst sheer royalty. Some of the most popular wedding venues in Jaipur are Taj Jai Mahal Palace, Pride Amber Vilas Resort, Chomu Palace, Fairmont Jaipur, Samod Palace, Oberoi Rajvilas Palace, Rambagh Palace, and Alsisar Haveli.
- Jodhpur: The “Blue City” of Jodhpur is home to many beautiful palaces, splendid forts, and breathtaking temples and provides a picture-perfect and awe-inspiring setting for a royal wedding. Some of the best wedding venues in Jodhpur are Umaid Bhawan Palace, The Balsamand Lake, Taj Hari Mahal, and Ajit Bhawan, which exemplify the local flavor and culture of the state.
- Bikaner: Preserving medieval grandeur as the hallmark of the city, Bikaner brings many great opportunities to enjoy a royal wedding in Rajasthan. Some of the best places for destination weddings in Bikaner are Gajner Palace, Lalgarh Palace, Laxmi Niwas Palace, Narendra Bhawan, and Vesta Bikaner Palace.
- Agra: Nowhere can your wedding be more beautiful than Agra – a place known for its monuments of love. The Taj Mahal reflects the evergreen imprint of love. Some of the best destination wedding venues in Agra are Courtyard Agra, The Orchid Farm, ITC Mughal, Doubletree by Hilton Hotel, Mansingh Palace, The Oberoi Amarvilas, and many more.
- Jaisalmer: Get romantic with the unusualness and royal grandeur of the city and plan a beautiful wedding in the golden city of India. Some of the most sought-after destinations in Jaisalmer for weddings are Suryagarh Palace, Gorbandh Palace, Qila Rajwada, Narayan Niwas, and Rang Mahal Palace.
Hire Local Vendors
Hiring local vendors should be on your destination wedding checklist as this will result in huge savings in terms of transportation. Talk to local vendors about your wedding plans and get an idea of a bargain.
Most photographers and entertainment vendors charge additional travel expenses. Hence, it is best to approach the local vendors for your budget destination wedding.
Invite Fewer Guests
We know lavish weddings would seem less lavish without an army of guests but if you want to have a destination wedding on a budget, this is the easiest way to save money.
Plus, these are COVID times and it makes sense to keep the guest list short. So make a list of your closest friends, family members, and co-workers with fewer words in mind.
Book in Advance
Hotels and resorts around the world offer early-bird discounts to ensure they have a maximum occupancy. Once the wedding date and destination are decided, search for hotels online and check their reviews.
Shortlist the best ones and call their manager to negotiate to price for your budget destination wedding.
Save on Decor
While choosing the location for your destination wedding, try to choose a place that has natural beauty. Such as a guest house on the beach, an old palace, or a hill would work perfectly.
If you know someone who is good with aesthetics, design and doesn’t mind overseeing the decor, you can save some money on decorations too! And it is okay not to over-decorate the space that gets ruined after the wedding. Keep the space simple and minimal.
Make It Alcohol-Free
Weddings without alcohol can seem boring to some people but the truth is that it can help you save a lot of money.
Add mocktails and drinks to the menu to make sure there are enough liquids to delight guests. And if someone doesn’t want to live without alcohol, allow them to bring their own wine!
Hire Destination Wedding Planner
The best way to plan a destination wedding. They have vast experience in organizing weddings. If you have no idea how to plan a destination wedding, we recommend talking to a destination wedding planner.
Lots of event planners in India specialize in budget destination weddings and events too! So, search online and hire a destination wedding planner for your destination wedding.
The above tips and ideas will help you plan a budget-friendly destination wedding. While we have listed down all the knowledge needed to plan a destination, it goes without saying that planning on your own is virtually no easy task.
If your career does not give time to manage all the above things, then the best way to plan a destination wedding is to take the help of a highly experienced wedding planner.
Have questions in your mind about how to plan a destination wedding in India? Leave your questions in the comments to get quick answers from our experts or connect us now
How much does it cost to plan a destination wedding?
To plan a destination wedding on a budget will start cost you around Rs 15 lakhs and can go up to Rs 60 lakhs in total. 15 to 30 lakhs in total budget depending on the quality and quality of all the services you opt for. For example, 2 days photo and film coverage ranges from Rs. 2.5 lakh to 10 lakh.
How long does it take to plan a destination wedding?
Whereas a regular wedding invitation goes out eight weeks before the wedding and dates go out about four to six months in advance, a destination wedding invitation must go out at least 12 weeks in advance.